FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is Richland Gives?
- What is the goal?
- How does it work?
- Who is behind it?
- How much of the donation will go to the nonprofit?
- Is there a minimum or maximum donation?
- Is there a limit to the amount an organization can receive?
- Do I need an account on Razoo to donate?
- Can I donate to Richland Gives on my smart phone?
- Can I make my donation early for Richland Gives?
- Can I fundraise for my favorite nonprofit?
- When individuals donate for Richland Gives, who will receive their information?
- Who is able to participate?
- Why should my organization participate?
- What does my nonprofit need to do?
- Is there a fee to participate?
- How can an organization receive donations?
- Do you have video tutorials that explain the site and how it works?
- How will an organization know who has donated to them?
- Do I need to issue a tax receipt to my donors?
- When will my organization receive the funds contributed?
- How can I find out more about Richland Gives?
What is Richland Gives?
Richland Gives is a 12-hour online event that encourages everyone to contribute to Richland County’s nonprofits through an online giving platform.
Richland Gives will take place on November 29 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What is the goal?
3 PRIMARY GOALS:
- Grow philanthropy in Richland County – bring new donors to our nonprofit organizations.
- Grow revenue for nonprofit organizations – create a new funding stream.
- Grow supporters – educate the community on the positive impact on their lives because of Richland County’s nonprofit organizations.
How does it work?
On November 29 the Richland County Foundation will host Richland Gives, a 12-hour giving event encouraging charitable donations through our online giving platform powered by Razoo.
The Richland County Foundation will provide toolkits, training sessions, outreach support, mass media and social media coverage to make it easy for nonprofits to participate. Each participating organization will have an individualized web page to promote their cause. This web page can also be used for year-round online fundraising.
Individuals will be able to donate money to the nonprofit organizations of their choice on November 29. All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable. (Donations will not be refunded). Donors will receive a receipt for their gift. The nonprofit will receive contact information for each donor, unless the donor elects to remain anonymous.
The Razoo Foundation, a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organization which permits donors to advise a re-granting of their donations to other IRS recognized qualifying 501(c) (3) organizations, will accept the gifts and will then re-grant the monies to the nonprofits selected by the donors.
Who is behind it?
Richland Gives is hosted by the Richland County Foundation and made possible via a giving platform run by Razoo. Razoo is the industry leader in giving days, with a crowd funding platform built to serve all 501c3 nonprofits.
Philanthropy is the core mission of Razoo, and the company is committed to creating opportunities to support nonprofits.
How much of the donation will go to the nonprofit?
During Richland Gives, the Razoo Foundation will retain 6.9% plus $0.30 per transaction for Razoo Foundation expenses and campaign costs (including credit card transaction costs). Donors have the option to cover these fees during the checkout process, allocating 100% of their intended donation to your nonprofit.
Is there a minimum or maximum donation?
The minimum donation for Richland Gives is $5. There is no maximum donation limit.
Is there a limit to the amount an organization can receive?
There is no maximum amount an organization may receive during Richland Gives.
Do I need an account on Razoo to donate?
No, you do not need to create an account to make a donation. However, if you plan to give multiple times during Richland Gives, creating an account means you only have to enter your credit card information once. Your account also collects your tax receipts in one location and enables you to track your donation, review the charities you support and schedule future giving.
Can I donate to Richland Gives on my smart phone?
Yes – this site is mobile friendly! Simply visit www.richlandgives.org on your smart phone to browse all the amazing nonprofits participating.
Can I make my donation early for Richland Gives?
Yes! In the weeks leading up to Richland Gives, donors will be able to make their donation in advance, while still having it count toward the giving day.
Can I fundraise for my favorite nonprofit?
Yes! You can be a hero for the cause(s) you care about – we call these Free Agent Fundraisers! Alternatively, you can visit the Organization Page of any nonprofit listed on Richland Gives and click “Fundraise” to start the page creation process. Please note that in order to create a Fundraising Page you will be prompted to sign into a Razoo user account, or create one if you don’t already have an account.
When individuals donate for Richland Gives, who will receive their information?
The nonprofit organization receiving the donation will receive the contact information for the donor in order to conduct follow up communications, unless the donor chooses to make an anonymous donation. As the host of Richland Gives, the Richland County Foundation will also receive the information in order to send news and updates about Richland Gives related activities. We will not share your information.
FAQs for Nonprofit Organizations
Who is able to participate?
Nonprofit 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organizations that are primarily located in Richland County or primarily serve Richland County residents are eligible to participate in Richland Gives.
Why should my organization participate?
- Raise funds for your organization
- Educate the public about your cause
- Find and cultivate new donors through the conversation surrounding the day: media, advertisements, and social media. Richland Gives is held on Giving Tuesday an international day of giving held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
- Ability to empower your ambassadors to advocate and leverage their networks on your behalf
- Reinvigorate lapsed donors
- Convert check-writing donors to online donors
This campaign’s success will depend on our collective enthusiasm and implementation. We are asking nonprofit professionals, volunteers, businesses and citizens to bring their skills and experience to this effort.
What does my nonprofit need to do?
- Register your nonprofit.
- Create a landing page for your organization using the Richland Gives platform.
- Attend both online training sessions to help maximize the success of this day for your organization.
- Broadcast your campaign's message using existing communication networks.
- Utilize the Richland Gives logo and hashtag #RichlandGives and other images and messages consistent with the branding guidelines.
- Secure matching grants and prizes to entice donors to your group
- Recruit individuals to be Free Agent Fundraisers for your organization.
- Consider organizing an outreach event or community stunt to help further increase exposure for your organization.
- Think outside the box, be engaged and have fun!!
- For more tips, visit the Nonprofit Toolkit.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is no fee to participate. All donations during Richland Gives are made to the Razoo Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization which permits donors to advise a regranting of their donations to IRS 501(c)(3) organizations. 100% of your online charitable gift is receipted and advised for regrant to your chosen charity. Razoo Foundation will retain 6.9% plus $0.30 of each donation made during Richland Gives to cover platform and credit card fees.
How can an organization receive donations?
In order to participate in Richland Gives, each organization is required to register. Even if you participated last year, your organization will need to complete this process.
Set up an administrative page and make sure your nonprofit's profile and page is up-to-date and motivating.
If your nonprofit is not listed on richlandgives.org please register via richlandgives.org or email Razoo, at email@example.com for more information on how you can get listed.
Do you have video tutorials that explain the site and how it works?
Yes. You can view videos on the RazooGiving YouTube channel.
How will an organization know who has donated to them?
Organizations that have registered on Richland Gives can track donations in real time by logging-in to their Razoo account. Organizations will also receive an email notification for every donation. Nonprofits can download a detailed donation report at any time through their account to thank and follow-up with individual donors and tabulate donation value and number of donors. This .csv file can be used in Excel and is widely compatible with other spreadsheet applications.
Do I need to issue a tax receipt to my donors?
No, donations made through Richland Gives and Razoo will be receipted from the Razoo Foundation. However, we do encourage you to send a thank you note to your donors letting them know how awesome they are!
When will my organization receive the funds contributed?
Normally, The Razoo Foundation will disburse monies on the 10th of the month following receipt of the advised donation. You also have the option to sign up for electronic funds transfer to receive funds from the giving day.For more information or to sign up for EFT, visit: www.razoo.com/eft
How can I find out more about Richland Gives?
Stay tuned to richlandgives.org for more information and detail as the event draws close.
Use the hashtag #RichlandGives on all social media. It will be tracked via a tag-board on the Richland Gives website.
Razoo can modify any restrictions or conditions if, in the sole judgment of the Board of Directors, such restriction or condition becomes unnecessary, incapable of fulfillment or inconsistent with the charitable needs of the community. As such, Razoo reserves the right to deny or condition the distribution of prize grants if, in the judgment of its Board of Directors, such restriction or condition becomes necessary.